Corporate responsibility

Sustainability applies not only to what we do, it also applies to the way we do it.

We take a broad view: our policies address the planet, people and profit. Just like for the BNP Paribas Group or BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions, the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) guide our approach. Their objective is to eradicate poverty, to protect our planet and to guarantee prosperity for all by 2030.

We try to encourage an open and honest dialogue with our customers, partners and employees regarding how our services are sustainable.

Our focus is on two major Sustainable Development Goals:

  • Affordable and clean energy
  • Responsible consumption and production

How our services are responsible

We run a Circular Economy business model

Our approach to sustainability starts with our circular economy business model. We are experts at extending the life of used technology. We ensure that returned devices are securely refurbished and mostly reused.

Each reused device displaces the manufacture of a new one. It reduces the carbon footprint per year of device use and provides high-value computing where the latest high-performance alternative may be unaffordable.

We reduce the environmental impact of unavoidable IT equipment disposal

We resell over 97% of returned devices, with a repair and refurbishing process that reduces recycling to a minimum. For the other 3%, when recycling is unavoidable, our certified recycling partners recover raw materials. The whole process follows WEEE (Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment) regulations.

Our environmental processes are ISO 14001 certified.

We are committed to protect your data

Data protection is crucial, as regulations such as GDPR tighten data security requirements, and cybercriminals intensify their efforts.

You need to ensure you protect the information in your used technology; so when you return or sell us your old devices, we securely destroy the data they hold and provide you with a data-destruction audit trail.

Our process has achieved ISO 27001 certification – the information security management system standard.

How as a company we are responsible

We focus our efforts on 3 major SDGs:

  • Gender equality
  • Reduced inequalities
  • Quality education

We offer our employees work they enjoy, with opportunities for professional development and fair rewards. We try to promote and protect diversity in all its forms.

In society generally, the value our reconditioned equipment offers helps to bridge the digital divide. For example, it enables educational establishments to invest in more IT equipment. We also give used equipment to schools, and work with charities supporting marginalised groups in society.

We encourage our employees’ to support charitable causes, particularly those with the environment and marginalised communities.

BNP Paribas’
sustainability policies